French bread with poolish
|King Arthur Sir Galahad Flour||6.60||3.00|
|King Arthur Sir Galahad Flour||13.40||6.10|
|King Arthur Sir Galahad Flour||20.00||100.00|
|unit weight||0.875|| |
- Poolish is set by blending flour, water and yeast. Cover and allow to rest at 70°F for 14-16 hours.
- Mix final dough. In spiral mixer: 2-3 minutes on 1st speed and 2-3 minutes on 2nd speed. Desired dough temperature: 76-78°F.
- Bulk fermentation of 2 hours, with a fold after 1 hour.
- Scale into 14 oz. pieces for baguettes; 7# press for 3 oz. french rolls.
- Preshape and relax 20-30 minutes, covered.
- Shape and final proof of 60-90 minutes at 75°F. Take care not to over proof.
- Bake at 435°F (225°C) for approximately 23-25 minutes. Pre-steam oven and give additional steam of 2-3 seconds.