- 1 cup margarine
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 40 minutes | Ready In: 50 minutes