Yield: 16 cupcakes
Adapted from Cupcake Project
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
In a medium bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, mix in egg and vanilla until well combined Mix in Cocoa powder, flour, and salt until combined. Set aside.
- 1 c whole milk
- 1 c whole roasted coffee beans
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 c unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c Bailey's Irish Cream
- Brownie Batter from above
- In a small saucepan on medium high, heat milk and coffee beans, until just boiling.
- Remove from heat, cover, and steep for 15 min.
- Strain out milk from beans. Put in small bowl and set aside. You only need 3/4 c of milk, so some of the milk might stick to the beans in the process, and that's OK.
Pre heat oven to 350 F
- In a medium sized bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar, until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs to butter sugar mixture, and beat until well combined.
- In a small bowl, mix the Bailey's and 3/4 c of the coffee infused milk.
- Alternately mix the wet and dry ingredients, into the butter sugar mixture, beating until just combined.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full with cupcake batter.
- Spoon 1 heaping tbsp of brownie batter in center of each cupcake.
- Bake 25 min, or until pick inserted in center, comes out clean. Cool on rack.
Bailey's and Coffee Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting:
- 1/2 C unsalted butter, room temp
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 3/4 c unsweetened cocoa
- 1 Tbsp Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1 Tbsp strong coffee
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat butter.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar, a little bit at a time, until well incorporated
- Mix in cocoa powder, Bailey's and coffee gradually, until desired consistency.
- Frost or pipe on cooled cupcakes.