Yield: 1 - 8.5 inch loaf pan
Adapted from Sugar Plum
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a (8.5-inch) loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook 2-3 minutes, whisking frequently, until butter foams and turns golden brown. Whisk in banana and cook 1-2 minutes until well combined and creamy (the butter and banana will look like they’re not going to come together, but just keep whisking, they will).
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together butter-banana mixture and brown sugar until combined. Whisk in eggs one at a time into the butter-banana mixture and then mix in the vanilla. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place batter into prepared pan. Bake 60 minutes or until well risen, golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into loaf comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- Cool completely before slicing.